Sender:
From:
"Richardson, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2017 17:02:50 +0000
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I manage a very small (2,200 cartons) records warehouse.
I am hoping to purchase a barcoding system in the near
future.  My biggest practical impediment is that there
are about 700 larger double cartons, weighing about
80 pounds each.   Generally, they are on the fourth or
fifth (top) level of a five level warehouse   They are also
generally unlabeled, from many years ago, before my time
as Records Manager.  We do have a "cherry picker" unit
which is used to reach the higher levels.

I was wondering  whether anyone has ever tackled a
project of this type and how you handled the labor to
get the boxes down from the shelves and whether you
used the services of an intern to analyze the box contents.

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peter M. J. Richardson, MPA, CRM
Records Manager, Office of the City Clerk
100 NW 1st Avenue
Delray Beach, Florida  33444
(561) 243-7051, X 1311