Sender:
From:
Susan Beamer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:54:10 -0800
I had about 110 of these when I started, a lot less then you.  I just
chipped away myself at looking inside and creating an inventory of each
and determining what records had an established retention period.  Those
that did not, I added to the schedule.

Then I scheduled those boxes for disposition, as I typically did then and
now do, in the normal course of business.  I did not do a special
disposition for the bigger boxes.

One of the first things I did was ban those boxes!!  I wrote up
instructions and outlined what was an acceptable size for a box (and
weight limit--40 lbs).  I did say those bigger boxes "could" be used, but
only with Records Manager's prior approval and only on a case by case
basis.

Basically the only time I've ever used that sized box again was to store
really, really light items inside.

Susan Beamer
Records [and Archives] Manager
Eastern Washington State