Sender:
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:51:21 -0600
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
ARMA International HQ has updated the FAQ for the new website. It can be
found at this link

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__armainternational.site-2Dym.com_general_custom.asp-3Fpage-3DFAQ-23Current-2520Members-2520&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=Lg0-dGHaZCcxg8G4LOVne1XF5gi3ZWiLllvk6GLrHiY&s=KexU-JnGuCmhDzuHzE68cIha2tHO1VpoCvuxtzuVPGE&e=

here is the text

*Directory settings and sharing of personal information:*

The ARMA Directory is a resource available for professional and associate
members only.  Information shared in your ‘My Profile’ will be available
and viewable through the Directory to other members.  This is in keeping
with the practices of our previous site.  However, the new site offers
additional fields to enter and share.

Beyond the required fields of name, organization and title the following
fields are publicly available to the community by default: city, state,
country, designation, corporate department, career level, job title,
corporate size, industry, subject matter expertise, years of information
management experience, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, WhatsApp.*  All other
fields are set to private by default.*

*Why update the new fields and share your information with fellow members?*

The information allows you to connect with others in your industry, your
area, and your chapter

The additional information allows ARMA to plan and connect you to content
that is targeted to your needs and to tailor our communications to send
only what is most relevant to you

*How to control what information is shared in the community?*

We understand that you may not want ALL your information to be available to
the ARMA community. So here is what to do to control what is seen by other
members:

After you've signed in, the word “Welcome” and your name will show at the
top-right corner of the site.

Click the drop-down arrow and choose Account + Settings. As you scroll
down, you will find the contact update fields to complete or update. Left
click on the icon () to the left of the field to indicate if you would like
this information shared within the ARMA community and within the
Directory.  At a minimum, all professional and associate members' names are
listed within the Directory, along with their organization and title.

*How do I access My Education, Purchases or History of Events?*

This information will live in a different place on our website and will be
part of our Learning Management System (LMS).  During the transition,
access to the learning management system and the various resources within
the system are unavailable.  The LMS will Reopen on January 2nd, 2018.

The entire FAQ can be found at this link

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__armainternational.site-2Dym.com_general_custom.asp-3Fpage-3DFAQ&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=Lg0-dGHaZCcxg8G4LOVne1XF5gi3ZWiLllvk6GLrHiY&s=qUzhwcd5I6PqXKI4cn4xtWZYuGPSq2xKsd8Rxspsvg8&e=

--
Peter Kurilecz FAI CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas