Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2017 21:48:59 +0000
From:
Pilar McAdam <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Jeff Lewis asked:

“There are some old paper files in my office that pre-dates my time as the
   Records Manager at my firm.  I believe that most of these have been
    scanned into our ECM, but I'd like to do a random sampling to confirm that
    these files have been digitized.  What percentage is a good size for this
    type of audit?”

I’d suggest that you check 10 to 20 documents to see if they were scanned in.  It may not be a statistically accurate sample size, but 1) if the first ones you check are not scanned in, you won’t need to go any further, and 2) if the first 10 or 20 are all in the scanned repository, you will know that someone was paying attention.

There are almost always a few bad scans, so less than 100% accuracy is to be expected regardless.

Just one woman’s opinion.

Pilar C. McAdam, CRM
Los Angeles, CA