Sender:
From:
Douglas Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2018 09:47:40 -0600
Jesse,

I'm running a bit behind in responding, but thank you for being patient.
The link that you provided was THE link in question.  I think that you have
seen (1) my initial posting either here or on the ARMA FB page regarding
"financial status and transparency" (at least I believe you have), and my
introduction here to the Executive Director's message cited in the link.

Whether that was "attacking the messenger" or not is likely a matter of
perspective.... I took it that way, although I was not "called out by name"
in the response.  I had several friends point to that link asking if in
fact I was "being thrown under the bus".  I did expect a response, and
perhaps a defensive one..... What has troubled me a bit is that it appeared
that my "challenge" to the way in which our Association has handled its
finances and its overall business appears to be flawed (given the results
over the past 5 years or so), and that the main interest of those with whom
I have spoken and emailed (on the Board now) has been "who leaked?" rather
than focusing on the issues to which I pointed.

I'm not surprised that what I declared to be a software "loss" in that
project of $ 1.2 million was "corrected", though that early number did come
from the previous Executive Director and was heard at Region Leadership
Conferences during his term.  I'm also well aware that the losses, or
reductions to the reserves that ARMA has can be attributed in part to
declining membership (that's a whole other problem) and to depreciation.
However, a reduction in reserves from $ 2.8 million to $ .8 million over
the years clearly was an area on which I was focusing.

If the Board has changed its meeting formats, great..... but I would
continue to contend that the Association's members are not yet being fully
informed about key ARMA initiatives (current or past), nor are they being
informed in a timely manner about the associations finances.  The fact that
you got no meaningful information from the video speaks volumes.  What
meaningful volume do ARMA members receive?

As for ARMA turning the comments off on the youtube video, it doesn't
surprise me, but is yet another small disappointment.

Thanks for your note!!

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+