Sender:
From:
Brett Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2018 15:48:59 +0000
Hi everyone, a quick question (maybe a dumb one as there might be an obvious solution – just not obvious to me☹).  We are getting ready over the next year to migrate hundreds of thousands of PDF documents to a new DMS system.  However, most the PDFs are images and not text-searchable.  Does anyone know how to mass convert PDF images into text—searchable documents (OCRd).  We need to have the conversion done pre-migration.  I know there are ways of using Adobe tools to do this type of conversion on a small scale, but I am looking for a solution with a little more “power.”  It doesn’t even have to be a free solution if 3rd party software is required (note that we do have access to Adobe suite).

Thanks for any info/advice anyone may have!

  *   Brett

Brett Wise CRM, FIP, CIPT, CIPP/US, IGP, CIP | American Board of Pediatrics
Director of Records & Information Management
111 Silver Cedar Court
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 929-0461