From:
"Foral, Mary Beth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2016 17:42:37 +0000
I am Records Manager for a midwest regional bank.  I am in the Legal Department.  Our message to employees has been "all data is discoverable, regardless of its designation as a Record or Non-Record."  Since data analytics requires we retain data longer than our schedule requires, and neither our records' policy nor our retention schedule specifically address raw data, databases, etc, and we're looking at adding verbiage to our policy that addresses "underlying data" or maybe changing retention to match our data analytic cycles or adding record types to our schedule that permit longer retentions of raw data vs final records.  What are you doing and what are your ideas?
Mary Beth Foral - Records Program Manager - Omaha, NE