From:
Brett Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2018 19:29:12 +0000
Good afternoon colleagues, below you’ll find a Job Description/Posting for my current position with the American Board of Pediatrics.  I will be going back to school full-time starting this Summer throughout the end of the year to finish my Master’s degree.  Therefore, I will be resigning my position with the ABP in mid-June.  I cannot say enough about what a great place the ABP is to work.  The RIM program, although only 3+ years old, is rapidly expanding its footprint within the organization with strong executive support.  (And the RIM staff is pretty darn great!)

If anyone is interested in applying for the position, you can send your resume (and cover letter if you wish) to the ABP’s Human Resources Department at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  .  Also, here is a link to the LinkedIn posting for the position - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_jobs_view_650953032_&d=DwIGaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=IbIbWeI_xsiuF0F18zms6b9r58sO6ApZjIp-Tcj1QGM&s=Pl6BvckEyS030qssk6jcdfElUarzhVWqJkByA8z6vBo&e=

Position Title:
Director, Records and Information Management

Department:
Information Technology

Reports to:
Vice President of Information Technology

Supervises:

Document Management Analyst

Grade:

FLSA Classification:

Exempt

Revision Date:
5/1/2018

Pages:

3

Position Requirements:

  *   Bachelor's Degree - preferably in Library and Information Science, Information Technology, Records Management and Archives, or related field; (Master’s degree preferred)
  *   Certification in Records Management (CRM) or Information Governance (IGP) preferred
  *   Minimum 5 years of experience in the records management, document management, digital information services or similar professions
  *   Thorough understanding of records management, document management and information governance
  *   Thorough understanding of information retrieval and categorization
  *   Thorough understanding of principles of information protection, privacy, confidentiality, and security; experience in privacy program management helpful
  *   Experience managing staff
  *   Experience managing projects that relate to records management, document administration, information integration and information services
  *   Experience managing budgets
  *   Knowledge of or experience in database management, storage management, information services and disaster recovery
  *   Strong background in information technology to effectively address the evolving needs related to the management of electronic records and enterprise-wide information governance requirements
  *   Experience implementing or using systems for imaging, document management, enterprise content management or email management, preferably with the configuration and/or administration of those systems
Skills:

  *   Ability to create and execute short- and long-term strategic plans for the ABP’s RIM Program
  *   Ability to think strategically
  *   Superior judgment, decision making and problem solving skills with the ability to analyze issues and determine the best course of action
  *   Proven communication, organization and leadership skills
  *   Consultative, advocative and collaborative style when communicating with ABP staff
  *   Solid information technology knowledge and skills that help ABP improve systems and processes
  *   Adequate knowledge and skills to lead projects
Travel

  *   Only occasional travel is expected, primarily to conferences

Again, if you are interested in applying, please email your resume to the ABP Human Resources Department at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

As for me, I will still be lurking the list serve under my personal email address for a few months, then back into the “real world” somewhere in the U.S. in early to mid-Winter (hopefully sooner than later😊)!

Best wishes,

Brett Wise CRM, FIP, CIPT, CIPP/US, IGP, CIP | American Board of Pediatrics
Director of Records & Information Management
111 Silver Cedar Court
Chapel Hill, NC 27514