From:
"King, Douglas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:54:05 +0000
Does your organization use a platform to implement, enforce and document training required to support compliance with laws, regulations and/or policies? If so, what is that platform? I am looking for leads to investigate.

Currently, Sedgwick County Government uses multiple means to train employees and document. Recently, we started training all County employees in IT security, using a commercial service that provides short single topic videos, a test question after each video and documents completion. All employees must complete annual fire extinguisher training: watch a video posted on our intranet, print out signoff, sign and submit. Certain policies, go through our ECM platform, which sends out emails with a link, requires recipients to read PDF policies and requires an e-sig upon completion. HIPAA training is read from intranet, print signoff, sign and submit. Kansas Criminal Justice Information System (KCJIS) requires viewing a PowerPoint provided by Kansas Highway Patrol, take the test at the end, print off signoff, sign and submit. We require some policies to be read periodically or upon demand, and signoffs submitted, such as payroll and FLSA compliance. We also present to monthly groups of new employees, forcing them to endure videos on blood borne pathogens, IT security, my spiel on the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA) and a morning's worth of other topics -- some require hard copy signoffs they pass forward.

For content we maintain in-house or could ingest, the ideal system would enable notifications and reminders, viewing videos and/or slides, require successfully testing, and document status/completion. And it would integrate with SAP and Exchange Server. We are seeking a flexible, standard solution, that we could integrate with other systems.

Douglas K. King, ermM | Records Manager & Freedom of Information Officer | Sedgwick County DIO-IT Records Mgmt Srvcs

p: (316) 660-9846 | f: (316) 941-5105 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Open Records: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

525 N. Main, Courthouse Records Center | Wichita, KS 67203 | www.sedgwickcounty.org<http://www.sedgwickcounty.org> | Facebook | Twitter