From:
Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:05:35 -0800
Hi,
Although I was in the "teacher's pet" category because adults were closer
to my mental level than the kids in my classes, I generally got into
trouble once a year and had to stand in the corner.  One year, it was for
noticing that the linoleum squares in the classroom were one foot square
and perfect for hopscotch.  Playing hopscotch in class - in the corner.

The memory I treasure was being in a group doing an exercise in my
workbook.  The instructions clearly stated, "Draw a ring around the correct
answer."  So I drew a ring made of two lines with a diamond-shaped stone.
I showed it to my girlfriend and shared a giggle.  The teacher was not
amused even though I was following the instructions as written!  Go stand
in the corner, Lorinda.

You had to be Really Bad, like talk back to or cuss at the teacher to be
taken outside to be spanked.  I saw a spanking only once in summer school.
He was spanked with the pointer in front of the class.

Although I am associated with Honda, these are my own views and not those
of Honda.

Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre
Records Management Analyst, Senior
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Torrance, California, USA
Member - The Orange County Chapter of ARMA International
<Check out Orange County California ARMA's website at ocarma.org
Larry Medina - "RM makes the rules; IT provides the tools".