From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2018 15:07:03 -0400
Welcome to your new job, Jennifer, and what I hope will be good adventures in archives,
records management, and access to records!  Great to hear about your background in
Museum Studies.  My career path was somewhat the reverse of yours, I started out at the
National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) working on archives, records
management, and records disclosure review assignments.  I'm recently retired from a
Federal historian position and volunteering in NARA's Education and Public Programs division
to help staff events, including many at our museum at the National Archives.  I've been so
lucky to work at the nexus of records management, archives, history, curatorial work,
exhibits and public engagement. Glad to hear you have the opportunities you have now.  As
you settle in, I look forward to seeing your questions and also the many insights you can
share with us.

And best wishes to Doug King in retirement, from a recent Federal retiree grateful for the
opportunities I had in public service!

Maarja
Washington, DC
@ArchivesMaarja