From:
Paula Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:57:14 +1300
Hi guys

I think you should also bear in mind that it is not just US/Canadaian
records managers who subscribe to this list but people in the UK, Europe
and yes even some of us in New Zealand.

For all records managers, access to information, FoI, Privacy compliance
etc are common activities within our profession and areas where we keep
a watchful eye on the way other jurisdictions are managing their
legislative environments and their processes in order to share
information and learn - that is what I thought the RAIN posts were
always about and why I read them with interest.

I also find the news stories an invaluable asset for making RIM more
relevant and topical and focusing senior managers' attention on the real
risks of not having policies and processes, or having them but not
following them :)

So from this side of the world - thanks Peter and keep them coming.
Paula