From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2016 09:49:47 -0400
Records ownership is a bit like the toy car I saved up for when I was a kid.
I bought it and played with it for about two days, then it sat neglected in
the toy box.  I didn't get interested in it again until my brother wanted to
play with it, and then suddenly it was my favourite toy again.

If records ownership transfers to the records center, the center is entitled
to make its own decisions on those records - which, when they come to the
light of day, often cause all kinds of consternation from the originating
business unit, especially when they need them back for some reason.  This
has already been stated, but I will add my voice to the chorus - keep
ownership with the originating business unit.