Date:
Fri, 5 May 2017 05:47:28 -0500
CHICAGO — Former President Barack Obama unveiled plans for his future
presidential center Wednesday, painting a picture of a buzzing hub for
youth and community programs on the South Side of Chicago where he raised
his family and launched his political career.

Obama fielded questions from residents at a forum near the site, delving
into nitty gritty details of traffic patterns, green space and job
creation, while avoiding any mention of his successor in the White House.

“What we want this to be is the world premiere institution for training
young people and leadership to make a difference in their communities, in
their countries and in the world,” he told the friendly crowd that included
Mayor Rahm Emanuel, his one-time chief of staff.

http://wapo.st/2pd88Op
http://wapo.st/2pd88Op+

Post-presidential record-keeping practices are moving into the digital age.

The National Archives and Records Administration will start digitizing the
unclassified records of the Obama administration, using a new model for the
storage of presidential records.

http://bit.ly/2p3NR2F
http://bit.ly/2p3NR2F+

Along with the promised digitization of Obama’s paper files, the foundation
also delivered more than 250 terabytes of digital records, which include
about 300 million emails, for NARA to host.

Together, the files will “represent the largest digital archive of
Presidential records,” NARA says.

The move marks an evolution of NARA, the steward of presidential records,
to further embrace digital record-keeping.

http://bit.ly/2q6cMSY
http://bit.ly/2q6cMSY+

The National Archives and Records Administration announced today a new
model for the preservation and accessibility of Presidential records.  This
follows an Obama Foundation announcement of its commitment to fund the
digitization of all of the unclassified Presidential records created during
the administration of President Barack Obama.  Instead of constructing a
building to house the textual and artifact records, existing NARA
facilities will house the original materials.

http://bit.ly/2pNCLO2
http://bit.ly/2pNCLO2+

--
Peterk