Sender:
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:58:57 GMT
Ok, but Moses wrote a record and is listed in the metadata.  I think the record had 10 points (chuckle).

The records in databases can become a record if a certain snapshot is taken at a certain time and date.  That means copying the whole thing to a storage media and maintaining the software to be able to access the database.  That can be a problem.  What if the record definition changes?  Will the recorded snapshot of the database still be any good?  I'm not against saving databases as records but it can be a knotty problem.  I had one situation once where there were 5 years of archived tapes and 7 or 8 different record definitions for the database over the same different 5 years.  You had to know what went with what or your recorded database was nothing but garbage.

Susan Brown
Washington, DC