Sender:
From:
"Gingrich, Laurie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:01:36 -0500
One thing interesting about the conference was the number of people I
ran into who weren't traditional Records Managers - I talked to a number
of IT professionals, compliance officers, and consultants from general
business consulting firms, not Records consulting firms.  Not that these
people are taking over - many of them were there with the Records
Managers for their organizations.  I believe our profession is
definitely taking the lead in providing guidance in policy areas such as
retention, compliance, and privacy, and providing information to help
choose appropriate technology solutions that address the policy
concerns.

Laurie L. Gingrich, CRM
Pitney Bowes Management Services
Bell, Boyd & Lloyd
70 West Madison
Chicago, IL 60602
312-558-7823
312-345-9967

The information contained in this e-mail message may be
privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, any further
disclosure or use, dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.
If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please delete it and notify the sender.