Sender:
From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:03:15 -0700
"Crawling back under my rock."
And stay there, but what can you expect from a consultant.
(that should get things going)

There are ANSI and ISO documents whereby 'our' industry has agreed that
microfilm, under proper storage and handling conditions, has a Life
Expectancy of 500 years.
It is sad that companies have spent a ton of money to capture their vital
records onto microfilm and then not spend a cent to preserve the media.
The same is true with digital media.

Also, too many vital records are scanned at low resolutions and then
written to the cheapest CD-R that can be found with little or no
verification of image.

The fear of lost digital information stored on electronic media is real.
I'm pro-solutions, pro-answers, pro-film if it works and pro-electronic if
it works.

And, thanks Randi for getting Dan crawling again he did make 'some'
excellent points.

... John Glover
... Sourcecorp BPS/Agfa Microfilm
... 800-969-2556, ext. 367