Sender:
From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:52:09 -0600
It's sunny and beautiful in Colorado and I'll be out of the office next
week, yippee! (Don't worry, Peter, I'll turn you guys off before I leave.)
Just got back from our interdepartmental Digital Archives Group monthly
meeting where we were informed by our IT Dept that the planned disaster
recovery test we had requested on our imaging system (originally scheduled
for Oct 6, then cancelled by IT) couldn't be re-scheduled until 2nd quarter
2005.  Why, we all laughed hysterically, smiled and said that would be
completely unacceptable!  So now we have a promise that it will be done by
year's end (you see, we had all these layoffs and the three people in IT who
knew anything about our imaging system were among those who departed) ...
Sigh ...

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood CO 80226-3127
303-987-7091 (office)
303-987-7088 (fax)
www.lakewood.org

Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available when
needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3) Non-permanent
records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4) Discarded paper
is recycled.