Sender:
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:42:40 -0400
This is a good guideline to follow for care and handling.  Be aware,
however, that it is an informational white paper - very well researched -
and not an approved standard.  As stated in the document scope:  "This
document is intended neither to represent nor imply a standard. It is merely
a consensus of several reliable sources on the prudent care of CDs and
DVDs."  If you are looking for authoritative documentation on media
longevity, then you are best off following and adopting the various formal
approved standards from ANSI and ISO, even though they do not currently
include CDs, DVDs, or (yes) paper.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager