Sender:
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:34:54 -0700
From:
Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Ellis:

Most EDMS products now have an optional RM component that makes them an
EDRMS.  In fact, many will take on management of records outside their
repository.  Examples that I saw on the floor in Long Beach were FileNet,
EMC/Documentum, LaserFiche, and Stellent.

When you set up an EDMS, you are installing an electronic record keeping
system. The only question is whether it will let you manage them according
to RIM principles.

Electronic image management is but a subset of EDM.  I can't recall an image
management product that wouldn't take non-image files; however, it might not
offer some of the organization and search tools (such as full-text) that an
EDMS would.  SO I don't agree at all with your last sentence.

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, ICP
Principal Consultant
IMERGE Consulting
7683 SE 27 Street, #316
Mercer Island, WA  98040
office: 206-230-9253 / cell: 206-979-7389
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.imergeconsult.com