Sender:
From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:51:48 -0500
This is a question for those involved with local government, especially in the county recorders' offices (under whatever title your state uses).

Our office has recently begun imaging our deed and mortgage records rather that use books.  We are trying to get the state to pass a law requiring a standard format for these types of documents to allow space at the top for filing information and hopefully allow us at some point to use OCR technology to aid in indexing.

I know that some states already have formatting requirements (I think I even saw it referenced in a recent RAIN posting).  Does anyone have citations or other information that we can use as guidelines?  I hate to re-invent the wheel!  Thanks!

Tim Barnard, Land Records Clerk
Harrison County, Mississippi
Phone (228) 865-4121 Fax (228) 868-1480