Sender:
From:
George Darnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:48:00 -0400
Susan,

I believe the E-Government Act of 2002 trumps previous legislation and
authorizes federal agencies to do business with the public and keep records
electronically.  The record keeping systems must meet certain standards.
Not many have achieved that yet.  For more info on the act check
http://www.egov.vic.gov.au/International/TheAmericas/UnitedStates/E-government-Act-2002/e-government-act-2002.htm

George D. Darnell, CRM