Sender:
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:15:51 +0800
From:
Grahame Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Wow - that's the trouble with going on holidays; you miss wonderful bits
like this.  Let me get this straight, Chris.  You're saying that the
original is the physical even if you received it electronically??  How did
you figure that?

Surely the original is whatever you first received.  What you do with it
after that is a copy or a new record.  If you receive it as paper, that's
the original, if as an e-mail, that's the original, if it's a downloaded
pdf, that's the original.  Definitely with John on this one, but then we
Aussies tend to stick together.  And perhaps we're a little more advanced.
;-D

That's one of the problems with having these new-fangled electronic
doohickies.  All your originals aren't in one place, or you have to make the
nonsensical (but perhaps practical) decision that either the physical or the
electronic is the "real original".  (Hmm, now I'm sounding 30 years older
than I am - I'm actually very much in favour of electronic, with certain
controls - much more in favour than most in my organisation)

And yes, I'm still trying to catch up on all the emails since I went on
holidays.  I've already skipped over a couple I wanted to comment on!
[Sighs of relief all round]  Yeah, yeah - I haven't finished yet!

Grahame Gould
Information Co-ordinator
Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley
Kununurra, WA, Australia
Phone: (08) 9168 4100
Fax: (08) 9168 1798
Web: www.thelastfrontier.com.au

This email may contain confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender.
The views expressed in this email may or may not be the official position of
the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley.