Sender:
From:
"Breeden, John B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:56:59 -0400
Larry,
I don't think we disagree at all.  One of my main reasons for involving
Archivists in the process from the beginning is to involve them in the
development of the retention schedule.  The other reason is to increase the
likelihood that hardware, software, and media chosen by the records owner
(if possible) are compatible with other archival electronic records, thus
making the necessary migrations less expensive and more likely to succeed.
John