Sender:
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:09:14 -0700
From:
Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Heather:

There are three widely used production scanning packages:  Kofax Ascent,
Captiva InputAccel and Datacap TaskMaster.  My guess is Kofax is the most
popular, although the choice should depend on your capture needs, such as
forms recognition, OCR/ICR, validation, etc.  I strongly encourage you to
buy some image enhancement features, either hardware or software to ensure
quality images.

How long do you have to process those 10 K documents (and how many sheets,
single or double sided, color, any photos?)? That will all be a factor in
selecting a scanner.  How many folks will you have to prepare documents for
scanning and then review the images and index them?  This is likely to slow
you down more than the scanner.

The question I have is where you are going to put the images once you get
them?

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions.

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, ICP
Principal Consultant
IMERGE Consulting
7683 SE 27 Street, #316
Mercer Island, WA  98040
office: 206-230-9253 / cell: 206-979-7389
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.imergeconsult.com