Sender:
From:
"P. Fern Phillips" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:00:50 -0600
I know that file by file indexing is more efficient, because it uses less resources than document by document indexing in the traditional paper records environment. I was also told that retrieval is more efficient, for finding a paper document in a file, if file by file indexing is used, and that is my experience in 20 years of practice. However, my references don't have much detail about why this might be so. Does anyone out there have any research papers or references addressing the value of retrievals with file by file indexing? I have a hard "sell" ahead of me!

Fern Phillips, CRM, MCS
Records Coordinator
National Energy Board
Calgary, Alberta