Sender:
From:
"Smith, Richard E. (STL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:42:53 -0500
I would suggest having the cheese burger right before the exam. Although
I have no scientific evidence to prove which would be better the night
before or the day of. In my humble opinion, however the more important
choice is to take the CRM exam.

I have often said "they were six of the most hellish exams I ever took
in my life" and I am quick to follow with "I am sure glad I did instead
of I wish I had."

My advice is do whatever works and just do it.  I saw a person this
weekend with a t-shirt with the now famous "Just Do It!" slogan. Under
the famous  words was a guy in a hammock and the words "Latter" Far too
many Records Managers follow the later message and that's too bad
because we need all of you pursuing this test of your skills and
knowledge now rather then later.

As pointed out earlier place the Brown, Robek, Stevens under ones pillow
along with some other good advice. For my 2 cents, this is a great book
and well worth opening a reading. My original copy is the Robek Brown
and Maedke version. It is also tattered and worn marked up and dog-eared
from hours of use because it is a great reference. Woops, can I say,
"Dog eared" on the radio?

Of late I also use on a rather regular basis two new books that I
recently bought "Information Nation" by Randolph A. Kahn and Barclay T.
Blair and "Winning Strategies for Successful Records Management
Programs" by none other then Mark Langemo, CRM.  Highly recommend them
both.

I also have a copy of"Steel This Book" by Abby Hoffman on my bookshelf.
Just keep it around for shock value from another time when I was oh so
much older.

Therefore, what is the message? Get on with taking the exam. Cheese
Burgers, Beer of any kind, Pork Reins who cares what you use to jar
those brain cells just get on with it! The profession needs more CRM's
sooner rather  than later.

Thanks for asking.

Richard E. Smith, CRM
Director, Records & Information Management
Express Scripts, Inc.
(314) 702-7151