Sender:
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:19:13 -0400
In a message dated 10/27/2004 2:16:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Emily Jones <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I am assisting a
>university's Public Affairs office implement a records management program (no
>program exists at the school). I am a bit stumped as to the best way to
>determine a retention schedule for these records,

emily
one thing you can do is an internet search for public affairs records at similar institutions. most university retention schedules are posted on the internet. this will allow you to develop a baseline retention period.

use this search on google to get yourself started

"retention schedule" site:edu

(just copy and paste it exactly and you will get over 6k in hits) limited to .edu sites

good hunting

--
Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va