Sender:
From:
Edward Galvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:52:27 -0500
Alice

If you are being required to store these plaques as a records management
function, I'd go back to the department that deposited them and tell the
they need to supply oversize boxes.  They want to store them, not you.

If these are plaques YOU want to keep as part of an archival program I'd
still approach the donor for funding assistance.  If that can't be done
(as with most of what we end up with in our archives) there are a number
of sources for boxes.  Again, if you want archival acid-free containers
they are going to be expensive.  If that's not an issue, you might try a
local moving company or the UPS Store or some equivalent.

We get most of our boxes from Gaylord, the Library supply house.  They
happen to be here in Syracuse so we don't have large shipping bills.
They are at:  http://www.gaylord.com/

Ed Galvin

Edward L. Galvin, Director
Archives and Records Management
Syracuse University
6th Floor,  E. S. Bird Library
Syracuse, NY  13244-2010
315-443-9760
315-443-4053 (fax)
http://archives.syr.edu/
>>> [log in to unmask] 11/01/04 9:15 AM >>>
Good morning to all!  I am the proud recipient of several plaques and
awards
that will not fit into a standard 12" x 15" x 10" box.  In searching,
even
through Google, I am locating some boxes, but at prices that just don't
suit...over $10 each.  Is this the norm for oversized boxes?

If you can help me located boxes for 16" x 20" plaques, please drop me a
line.  Thanks for your help!

Alice

Alice B. Young
Records Management Administrator
Greater Orlando Aviation Authority
Orlando International Airport
Orlando FL 32827-4399
407.825.2060 voice
407.825.2526 fax
Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.