Sender:
From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:14:17 -0600
>>Think about how much easier it would be if they only had photographs
or photocopies of the various statues, boots, game jerseys (and balls),
trinkets and other items that they receive.<<

Peter,

I think you are on to something here.  Maybe we should limit gifts to
politicians to photographs and photocopies.  Not only would it save time
in management, it would significantly reduce the ability of the gifter
to sway a vote.  Think of it, photos of exotic "fact finding" trips
could be sent to members of Congress.  In return, they could send us
photocopies of Hormel's best known product.

One additional advantage is that it would level the playing field.  I
could even give my Senator the Brooklyn Bridge or even a label from a
Tyson chicken.

Bill R