Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:24:15 -0500
From:
Barry Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Comments:
A point of clarification I'm not implying it's a good thing to manage
paper.  The basis for my initial inquiry and follow-up information was
to build a case for not keeping file cabinets full of paper working
files.

I'm preparing an all out blitz in 1Q 2005 to have departments review
and appropriately apply disposition to information in paper as well as
other transportable media. (ie micrographics, CDs etc.)

Numbers usually present a nice visual as oppose to text - "We need to
reduce our dependence on paper, please apply the appropriate disposition
to your files."   Why?  What's in it for me?  Why does it benefit the
company?

Perhaps this very basic topic doesn't fit the current trend of
discussing the management of electronic files.
What I know is the electronic systems that have been put in place as
official repositories generate volumes of paper.

Regards
Barry

Barry Malone
Mgr Global R&D Records Management
500 Arcola Road
Collegeville Pa. 19426
Maildrop A1108G
484-865-2345
Fax 484-865-9271

Trying to manage paper can be differcult. I'm currently employed at
University of Maryland Department of Transportation Shuttle Buses. Upon
arrival all information on the many buses were kept on paper. What a
mess. To find information dated back 2 years ago could be impossible
when storage is overflowing with boxes that are not dated. How can one
manage paper? I've taken the paper management to another level.Discard
the paper which is time consuming,cost effective, meaningless when we
have automated systems to store information.

Zelda