Sender:
From:
Barry Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:53:48 -0500
Thanks for the file information Dwight. It wasn't clear to me if the 4
drawer referred to was a lateral File or a Vertical.  Then was it a 36"
lat, a 42" lat or wider?

Great feedback
Barry

Barry Malone
Mgr Global R&D Records Management
500 Arcola Road
Collegeville Pa. 19426
Maildrop A1108G
484-865-2345
Fax 484-865-9271

I note that the 21 sq. ft. estimate for a standard 4 drawer file
cabinet
is also inaccurate. Take the sq. ft. occupied by the cabinet, by the
fully extended drawer, and add 3 feet to the end for access (unless
the
cabinet faces into a hallway or passageway, then you add 5 feet).

In my own "standard" 4 drawer cabinet, that is 3.75+3.75+4.5 = 12 sq.
ft.

The issue of paper consumption has less to do with generational
preferences than with the difficulty of maintaining trusted records
keeping systems in an electronic environment. It's not that it can't
be
done, it's that it hasn't been done in many areas for reasons both
valid
and not so valid.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records & Distribution Services Manager
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronic & Distribution Services
1620 SE 190th Avenue
Portland OR 97233
phone: (503)988-3741
fax: (503)988-3754