Sender:
From:
David Gaynon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:58:50 -0800
A recent posting to the list asked where should records management be
taught.  I have a follow up proposition I would like readers of the list
to consider.  Imagine for a moment that we -- the collective records
management community -- were able to fund an endowed chair for the
advanced studies of records and information management.  Now further
imagine that you are meeting with the presidents of some of the elite
American schools of higher education to discuss their interest in
accepting these funds and launching a RIM teaching and research program.
What would you say to them.

Before you answer consider how many library science schools have closed
over the last 40 years and remember that a common reason given for these
closures is that a library science school is not consistent with the
mission of a first rank research university.

So given this scenario do you think you could convince them ... as for
myself I am not so sure.

Dave Gaynon