Sender:
From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:29:25 -0600
I agree with Sharon. As the nature of the office environment has
changed, the skills required by every person who creates information
have not been addressed.  End users must understand where the documents
and other data they create fit into the organization structure and need
to have the knowledge to "file" appropriately.

In my opinion, the breakdown that has happened with email and other
electronic records has been that individual users have been left to
their own devices in determining how to "file".

There is an opportunity for much education of end users by RIM
professionals.

Mary Hilliard
Records Management Officer, UT System, Austin, TX