Sender:
From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:43:38 -0600
A couple of weeks ago I sent a question to the Listserv about formatting standards for recording deeds and mortgages.  Several people answered both to the List and to me directly.  I want to thank you all for your responses.  My boss and I both got responses from people in Washington state.  Between this and their new Digital Archives, they may be leading the way in many areas!

I had heard about the Property Records Industry Association ( www.pria.us ) from the Listserv several months back and was glad someone was trying to develop nationwide recording standards.  I was able to share this info with my boss, who now wants to get our state to adopt these standards.  I think he was impressed with how quickly I was able to get responses to his question.  Thanks to all!

Tim Barnard, Land Records Clerk
Harrison County, Mississippi
Phone (228) 865-4121 Fax (228) 868-1480