Sender:
From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:40:02 -0600
>> Yet I believe it is very difficult to teach the complexities and
issues of the RM discipline in one class.<<

I have a bit of a problem with this issue.  We teach lots of classes
that provide a 10,000 ft level view of the subject.  RM could well be
one of them.  I do not believe we are looking to train these individuals
to be Records Managers.  The intent would be to provide them with the
basic concepts of RM. If we did, they would better be able to recognize
the value of RM, they could recognize RM issues, and know where to find
the professionals that can deal with the issue (records managers).

RM is a business issue, just like accounting, finance, statistics or a
dozen other classes or careers.  We have members in our midst that
provide one day RM issues training at a corporate executive level.
Compared to that, a college class ought to be a piece of cake.

Bill R