Sender:
From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:10:47 -0800
This is a darn fine question,

Certainly RM should continue to be taught, in perpetuity, at Western
Washington University. I would recommend that WHEN we get to this point we
define the disciplines within our profession and target institutions that
will provide the highest degree of support. Legal RM might be at Harvard or
Stanford. IT RM can be taught at MIT. Medical RM might be in Barbados, etc.

Records Management that is all things to all people will always be here.
Specialization is still the watchword of the future. We WILL arrive at a
point in information management that a foundation is established on which we
can build an infrastructure that encompasses all the various IM disciplines
(except NARA). Education has and will remain the key missing piece.
Standard, accredited, supported education is needed. Now go get the chair.

Chris Flynn