Sender:
From:
"Michael, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:43:49 -0700
I use a similar methodology as Peter describes, except I choose to save
messages outside of Outlook as rtf files.  This breaks the dependency on
Outlook, yet maintains the integrity of the message and the attachments.
I did a quick test and when I saved Peter's message as an msg file, it
was 21kb.  When I saved the same message as an rtf, it was 2kb.  Plus,
the msg file was full of garbage text, where the rtf was an exact
replica of the original message.  I vote for rtf format when saving
email outside of the messaging program, and not having an EDMS or ERMS
to "store" it.

Lee Michael, CRM