Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:11:31 -0500
From:
Mike Levin <[log in to unmask]>
>>Plus,
>>the msg file was full of garbage text, where the rtf was an exact
>>replica of the original message.

>Interesting as I've not seen that happen yet

MSG file is the binary representation of the email. "Garbage" text you see
is actually binary characters.
Just the few important characteristics of the MSG file:
        - native to Outlook format, therefore, admissible in the court;
        - ability to reply, forward;

>> I vote for rtf format when saving
>>email outside of the messaging program, and not having an EDMS or ERMS
>>to "store" it.

The most important "feature" of the MSG - MSG file contains Internet
headers. Internet headers contain information about Internet paths, sender,
SMTP gateway IP addresses, etc. Just right-click on the email and select
"Options" to see this information. Some courts may require header
information as a proof that email has been sent, who's the sender, who's the
recipient, etc.

Thank you.
Michael Levin