Sender:
From:
Don Saklad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:39:29 -0500
Sent-To
Reference Desk Department
Michael Colford, Regional Administrator,
Boston Regional Library System
http://bpl.org/brls/

Robert Maier, Director
Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
http://mlin.lib.ma.us/

Reference Desk Department enquiry
a. Please arrange for me to read the public content of the
   intranet web links
   developed by the Boston Regional Library System.

Reference Desk Department enquiry
b. Let me know how to refine, craft this reference desk enquiry so that
   it would be less difficult for the reference desk,
   for example
   1. a listing of public content of the intranet.
   2. a listing of the sections of the intranet.
   3. or ...?

Reference Desk Department enquiry
c. How would you develop better archival records management practices
   with respect to these kinds of self referential, recursive types of
   enquiries for our public libraries systems' archives of themselves?...

This reference desk enquiry is with prejudice deflected,
a reference desk failure with respect to
reference desk principles enunciated
at
Guidelines for Behavioral Performance of Reference
and Information Service Providers
http://www.ala.org/ala/rusa/rusaprotools/referenceguide/guidelinesbehavioral.htm

and a reference desk failure with respect to
intellectual freedom principles enunciated
at
Library Bill of Rights
http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/statementspols/statementsif/librarybillrights.htm

Cc:
Institute of Certified Records Managers
http://www.icrm.org/

Academy of Certified Archivists
http://www.certifiedarchivists.org/

Massachusetts State Archives Records Management Unit
http://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcrmu/rmuidx.htm

Associated Press
http://www.ap.org/