Sender:
From:
"Scott, Paul (FPM)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:21:31 -0600
It's unusual to catch Peter in an error or fact so I try to make the most of
it when I can--especially when he provides the link showing he's wrong.

The exchange actually took place in 1974, not 2000, and it was on the
campaign trail--not on the Senate floor.

And I wouldn't get too excited about the allegation that Metzenbaum
represented the Communist Party during World War II.  Brigadier General
Evans Carlson, one of the great Devil Dogs of all time, campaigned with Mao
Tse Tung's 8th Route Army and introduced to the Corps the term "Gung Ho."

Paul R. Scott, CA, CRM
Records Management Officer
Harris County, TX