Sender:
From:
"A.Khramtsovsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:29:43 +0300
Larry Medina wrote:

> The other place the false long file names is a problem is if you use
> certain backup software, like ROXIO Easy CD Creator or others that can't
> manage long file names.  I learned this with PowerPoint and Adobe
> files.  Typically, I save these on my system with their names as received
> from others or as downloaded.  The problem is, when you burn a CD of these
> for backup to take them off-line, they are unable to manage the long
> names,
> so the backup simply skips them (another "wonderful" automatic feature of
> software application =) ) and backs up only the filenames it can manage.

Larry, the versions of the software that I am using (Roxio Easy CD & DVD
Creator 6, and Roxio Easy Media Creator) can work with long names. If the
name exceeds the length allowed by the selected CD format, the program
suggests to truncate it. Auto-truncation is also possible.

Natasha Khramtsovsky
Records Manager,
APR-Bank,
Goncharnaya ul. 15, stroenie 2,