Sender:
From:
"Wilson, Donna P (WDP)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:21:48 -0500
Good Morning All:

I didn't catch the first part of this thread, but since I have worked with
the DOE schedules for many years, I thought I might jump in on this
discussion.  The DOE Administrative Schedules have two different
"Pre-Employment Background" citations.  One is for individuals that are
approved, but not hired and the second one is for those who are disapproved
for hire.  (The second one meaning that the individual did not pass the
Pre-Employment Background Check)  In the case of an individual that "is"
hired, the records are included in the Personnel Security File.  They read
as follows:

DOE-ADM 18.21.3.a  SECURITY, EMERGENCY PLANNING, AND SAFETY RECORDS
Pre-Employment Background Investigations. For those approved but not hired.
These files include records of investigations for DOE & contractor employees
& consultants, subcontractors & their employees & consultants, & others
seeking employment or who otherwise require access authorization. The files
are used to determine the eligibility of granting access authorizations and
may include the following letters & completed forms for each individual
being considered: drug screen consent, credit reports, authorization for
release of information, request to process, negative drug screen results,
letters generated from personnel security requesting information on
applicants' police, driving, academic, previous employment, military, &
personal references, subcontractor employment application, security
acknowledgment, medical records including employee assistance program, and
employment eligibility verification. Cut off at the end of the fiscal year.
Destroy 2 years after cutoff or date of background investigation.

DOE-ADM 18.21.3.b  SECURITY, EMERGENCY PLANNING, AND SAFETY RECORDS
Pre-Employment Background Investigations. For those disapproved for hire.
[...]
Destroy 5 years after cutoff or date of pre-employment background.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and holiday season,

Donna P. Wilson
Analyst - National Nuclear Security Administration - Y-12 National Security
Complex
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Phone: (865) 241-4155