Sender:
From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:01:02 -0600
>>Today? I'd say as an electronic document, preferably in an ERMS, else
an EDMS.<<

Any estimates of what percent of State and local government agencies
have and EDMS solution?  I would be surprised is the number is 1 in 500.
Probably closer to 1 in 1000.

Divide that by 100 and you will have an estimate of the number that have
and ERMS system.

State and local governments run on paper.  While many are trying to
deploy ECM and ERM solutions, it is an uphill battle.  Budget deficits
are the norm not the exception. It is hard to convince a legislature
today that it should fund ECM technologies.  The choice for many is
funding Human Services, snow plows, pencils and manila folders or
Technology.  I cannot argue with their logic.

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator
State of North Dakota
ITD/Records Management