Sender:
From:
"Evans, Janet Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:28:13 -0500
I promised to post this for Christopher.

My name is Chris Watson from TEKsystems in Toronto. I am currently looking
for a Senior Business Analyst with Livelink experience to work on a 1-year
contract position in Mississauga.

Overview of the job

The role of the business analyst is to ensure that knowledge management
initiatives in place and under developed meet and support the business needs
of the organization.

It is their role to ensure that existing tools are utilized to provide the
maximum benefit and those new resources are assessed and introduced
appropriately to meet the business requirements.

In addition the role includes the development and recommendation of company
wide processes and practices knowledge management that contribute to and
improve overall business results.

The incumbent will be responsible to provide leadership and guidance to the
organization with respect to Knowledge Management practices. They would
actively seek opportunities to improve the organization by providing ideas
and suggestions on the best utilization of available knowledge management
tools and practices.

The responsibilities include the ongoing maintenance and evolution of the
Opentext Livelink Knowledge Management system folder structure, providing
support to system operations and administration in the implementation of
changes and the management of users and groups.   Strong collaboration with
the training group within IT is needed to ensure that materials are
developed appropriately and updated as needed. Liase with other stakeholders
in the areas of portals, records management, workflow and ensure that
Einstein and other KM initiatives are aligned to with the strategic plans in
these areas.

Education/Skills:

*       Undergraduate degree
*       Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in the area of knowledge
management and related fields (portal technology, workflow, records
management, document management, content management?)

*       Experience with Opentext Knowledge Management software, Livelink is
preferred.
*       Minimum 2 Experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a general
understanding of pharma business and practices

*       Project management experience (2-4 years)
*       Strong ability to translate business needs into technology solutions

*       Strong communication skills
*       Budget planning and management

        The incumbent must have a strong understanding of general business
practices and how different functional units work and operate and as their
roles and function relate to the area of knowledge management.

        The incumbent should be able to assess an end users requirements and
be able to filter, as required these requirements to the appropriate
resources within IS.   The incumbent would be expected to lead various
projects as it relates to the knowledge management system, including leading
other IS Business Partners as required.

If you are interested, or know of any other qualified candidates please give
me a call at the office when you have a minute. If you reach my voice mail,
please press 0 and have the receptionist page me.  Thank you for your time!

Chris Watson

Professional Technical Recruiter

TEKsystems - Toronto

(905) 501-2807

(800) 254-0778 ext 2807

 <http://www.teksystems.com> www.teksystems.com

TEKsystems is a member of the  <http://www.thingamajob.com>
www.thingamajob.com network.

  _____

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure
to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of
this electronic email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email
so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original
message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.