Sender:
From:
Lorie Mcaleb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:53:26 -0700
Hi,
I am new to the list serve and Records Management. I have been an IS
person for many years and have recently moved over to Records to assist
with our electronic retention policies. The first big project I am
tackling is communication. This involves all facets of communication
from email, instant messaging to paging and PDA data.
Our company is implementing controls for instant messaging by selecting
an instant messaging program starting this month. The preliminaries are
the information will be collected in logs which, at this point, will be
retained for 90 days as per our Legal department. The retention period
is not set in stone. Our retention process on the IS side is such that
the management class that retains the data can be changed if we
determine the 90 days is not sufficient. We hope to come to a conclusion
before the 90 days are up. The list serve has been very helpful in my
introduction to Records Management and I have gathered that most
companies are currently addressing these areas.

Thank you,
Lori McCaleb
Records IS Project Lead
Micron Technology, Inc.