Sender:
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:03:16 EST
From:
Jacqueline Del Hoyo <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Congratulations on your successful completion of parts 1-5 of the CRM exam
Tom!
   As a person who has been in document control-configuration control for the
last 9 years, the idea of getting some sort of professional certification is
intriguing, but I am not sure my company will pay for it, and I am not able to
pay for membership or certification on my own.
   Are there any others on the LISTSERV who are working within a
manufacturing environment? I work for a small(er) aerospace parts manufacturer within the
engineering group with the title of Configuration Control Coordinator. Most of
my job responsibility lies within change management, the quality systems we
are working within are mostly concerned with things such as effectivity and
traceability from my job perspective (I am speaking of SAE AS9100). I have often
thought that the primary focus of this position is to get the right
information to the right people at the right time.
  Clearly, having a good RM process in place would be beneficial to the
company, and we have a system in place, but I think it could be further refined and
improved upon and I need to present a good reason for my company to sponsor
my membership in ARMA and then (hopefully) to sponsor my certification. Are
there any others here who work within a similar environment? What benefits has
being part of ARMA and/or having your CRM brought? Are there other organizations
that are possibly more suited to design and manufacturing processes? It seems
that many people here on the LISTSERV work within RM companies, government
agencies, libraries or legal professions, I was wondering if there are any
others in the design and manufacturing disciplines here that would be willing to
share their experiences.
      Thanks so much,

       Jacqueline Del Hoyo