Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:41:23 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:46:54 -0500, Belrose, Sharon
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> This is why I am no longer an ARMA member. I could not afford to pay extra the Legal Pre-conference. Nor could I get my local ARMA group to hold any programs focused on legal issues.

how many members of your local chapter were in the Legal RM field?
were there enough to justify a special program? Did you consider doing
a presentation to the chapter on a topic that concerned you? Sometimes
the best way to learn is to do a presentation and to share your
knowledge with others.

I remember years ago when HIPAA was just on the horizon and being
asked to speak about it. Talk about a panic! I didn't know that much,
but I learned fast. as a result I gave the presentation (or
variations) 5 times in my region and each time I learned something
new. Something i could pass on to the others.

Peter Kurilecz