Sender:
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:42:59 -0600
From:
"Scott, Paul (FPM)" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
The rest of you are doing an admirable job of throwing gasoline on this
particular fire so I'll restrict my observation to this part of Peter's
post:

"2.  a kind soul has passed on the following the job requirements for a
1420, Archivist, in the U.S. Federal system.

"QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Basic Requirements - You must have completed a
full 4 year course of study in an accredited college or university leading
to a bachelor's or higher degree that included 18 semester hours in the
history of the United States and/or in American political science or
government, and 12 semester hours in any one or any combination of the
following; history, American civilization, economics, political science,
public administration, or government.
"OR
"You must have a combination of education and experience - at least 30
semester hours which include courses as shown above, plus appropriate
experience or additional education."

I wonder if whoever wrote and approved of these requirements realizes that
T. R. Schellenberg would not have qualified for employment as an archivist?

Paul R. Scott CA, CRM
Records Management Officer
Harris County, TX