Sender:
From:
JESSE WILKINS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:00:30 -0700
Hi all,

Periodically we send announcements of coming events to the list. I have
always assumed that even for-profit events and training are fair game, as
long as the announcements are brief, informative, not overdone, and are
directly related to our success as RIM professionals. Judging by your
this is the case and don't think it's been abused. But it got me
thinking....

I have begun creating a master list of industry RIM-related events. This
calendar began with all of the AIIM and ARMA local, regional, and national
events, and has since grown to include events from other associations where
there is some overlap (TAWPI, Xplor); major vendor events such as
cosponsored webinars and user group meetings; major consultant and analyst
events, such as the IQPC Seminar on Document and Records Management,
Gartner's ITEXpo, and IMERGE's own RM for IT and Project Managers series;
major government events, such as the Texas ERM seminar and the Florida FRMA
conference, and NAGARA and NARA training events; and others that I felt
might be of interest, such as seminars by Steve Gilheany and other
independents. Right now I have some 400 events posted to this list between
now and June 30.

My questions to the list:
1. Would such a calendar listing be of interest to you or your organization?
2. What information would you need for this to be useful? Clearly date,
brief description, location, and a POC would be helpful; what about calls
for proposals, costs, detailed facility info, speaker(s), etc.?
3. Would you be willing to share your events with me and the rest of the
list? Those that are announced here I already pull and add - if your event
is gov't only, or vendor end-user only, send to me and I will make
appropriate notes.
4. Vendors and consultants, I am considering sponsorships for this list -
given my guarantee to keep it current and updated, would this be of interest
to you? It won't be a sales list, but it would guarantee a wider
dissemination for, e.g., webinars, user events, major product tours, and the
like.
5. Those of you who are speakers, how can I make this more useful for you?

I welcome all your questions, comments, and suggestions. The calendar is not
yet publicly available (because I haven't figured out an easy way to do it
through my blog or otherwise) but I hope to announce its general
availability sometime this month.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, EDP, ICP